Eurorail in Switzerland and France

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2014 at 0:46:03 #806400

Hi,

I’m travelling to your beautiful country next week with my father for a school graduation. I plan to stay 4 days in Switzerland and 4 days in France. We already have six days Eurorail passes. Do we still need a Swiss pass or any discounted pass? We’are staying in a hotel in Bulle, is there a free train that we can take from Geneva airport to Bulle? My graduation ceremony is in Montreux, and i believe there is a train station in Bulle that connect us. How can we go from Switzerland to France? Is the Europass good for all the above destination? Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Kent

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 May 2014 at 9:45:01 #840091

Hi Kent,

If your Eurail Pass covers Switzerland, then you can just board about all the regular trains there. No need for anything extra. That goes for traveling to and from Bulle too. You can download the map from our Eurail page and see what’s included in your pass.

How to travel from Switzerland to France: just enter your date, time and destinations into the timetable and see which connection is convenient for you. Most border crossing trains need a seat reservation, which can be arranged for here. If your Eurail Pass covers France too, then that reservation is all you need.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2014 at 13:11:22 #840092

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your prompt reply and very useful info.

Kind regards,

Kent

• The thread ‘Eurorail in Switzerland and France’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.