Extra booking needs if using Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2016 at 20:01:48 #808972

Hi,

We’ve got 1st class swiss travel passes, and we plan to do the route covered by the Wilhelm Tell Express (just taking the train the leaves an hour later). I’ve booked seat reservations for the ride from Fluelen to Locarno on the panorama train. Is there anything else I need to do / book / buy before I board the ship at Luzern Bahnhofquai or the train at Fluelen?

I see mentions of a surcharge – where or how will I have to pay this surcharge? Do I need to pay it, or is it for something that is only given on the official wilhelm tell express train.

Also, when I look at the map of validity, there is a dashed line (meaning 50% discount) for the section between Goschenen and Airolo. Do I have to buy a ticket at Fluelen, or when will I have to pay for this section that I only get a 50% discount on?

And then finally, I also booked a reservation for the return journey on the trains from Bellinzona to Arth-Goldau, and from Arth-Goldau to Luzern. Again the same question – how do I pay for this section from Airolo to Goschenen?

If I have to buy tickets only for the Goschenen – Airolo stretch, is this something I can only do on the day, since I have already paid for reservations, or do I have to buy the tickets now as well? And if I have to buy them now, then how do I specifiy that I have a swiss travel pass, because the online ticket shop only has reduction options for half fare travel card, and youth. Otherwise I have to pay full price?

My apologies for such a long request, I just want to be clear.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 April 2016 at 5:07:02 #851056

Welcome to MySwissAlps jpswart82!

The surcharge is only for the official Wilhelm Tell Express and only if you prefer to have the tourist package with lunch and reservations. So basically you don’t have to pay anything extra in any case. Further details are here: myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress.

The dashed line is just a tunnel; no ticket required (see here).

You’re good to go; the Swiss Travel Pass is all you need. Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2016 at 14:10:52 #851057

Arno,

Thank you for clearing that up!

I really appreciate this site and all the good advice it’s given me.

I’ll try and give some usefull feedback when we return.

• The thread ‘Extra booking needs if using Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.