Swiss Family Card – tickets for the kids required?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2016 at 8:47:18 #808940

I will be traveling in Switzerland in early May and I bought a half price card with the family pass for my children. Can anyone tell me if I have to buy tickets for my kids (age 6 and 2) or do they just travel on the same ticket that me and my wife purchase on each train.

Also, is it better to buy all rail tickets in advanced or is it pretty easy to buy all tickets at the train stations.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 April 2016 at 11:21:49 #850885

Hi tblevins78,

You need the Swiss Half Fare Card, Swiss Family Card and tickets for the adults only. You can buy tickets in advance or on the spot (staffed desk or machine). Most people buy on the spot just before their trip.

• The thread ‘Swiss Family Card – tickets for the kids required?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.