Group of 5 discount on Swiss rail pass?

Group of 5 discount on Swiss rail pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
cursino
cursino
4 posts
Mar 4, 2018 - 4:31 PM

We are a family of 5 (ages 27-62) traveling in Switzerland June 2018. When reading on the rail website today, I saw a Family/Friend (group 2-5 traveling together) discount, but I couldn't find a lot of information about it. I'm researching pricing before I purchase Swiss Travel Card or Half-fare Card so I'm looking for details/information on rail passes. I have spent time reading in this forum so I'm working on a spreadsheet for comparison but at the same time searching for information.

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
5619 posts
expert &
Mar 4, 2018 - 5:16 PM in reply to cursino

Hi cursino and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I'm not aware of a group discount for 5 on any rail passes in Switzerland (or at least by retailers we know). What rail website were you referring to and was it for any rail pass that you buy from them?

cursino
cursino
4 posts
Mar 4, 2018 - 7:58 PM

I was looking at tickets into Stresa, Italy from Lauterbrunnen. Maybe raileurope? If you haven't heard of it then it may have been offered for the Italy part only.

Thanks

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Mar 4, 2018 - 8:15 PM

Hi Cursino,

There is a 15% discount on the Eurail Select Pass for groups of 2 or more: www.myswissalps.com/eu railselectpass/price. Is that what you meant?

Last modified on Mar 4, 2018 - 8:15 PM by Arno
cursino
cursino
4 posts
Mar 4, 2018 - 11:31 PM in reply to Arno

Yes, that's what I was looking at. I have been looking at the Swiss rail pass Overview at MySwissAlps and realize it doesn't cover the mountain trips as well as the Swiss Travel Pass.

Thanks for the information.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018