Group of 5 discount on Swiss rail pass?

• cursino
    Participant
    4 posts
    4 March 2018 at 16:31:34 #814617

We are a family of 5 (ages 27-62) traveling in Switzerland June 2018. When reading on the rail website today, I saw a Family/Friend (group 2-5 traveling together) discount, but I couldn’t find a lot of information about it. I’m researching pricing before I purchase Swiss Travel Card or Half-fare Card so I’m looking for details/information on rail passes. I have spent time reading in this forum so I’m working on a spreadsheet for comparison but at the same time searching for information.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 17:16:53 #877747

Hi cursino and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’m not aware of a group discount for 5 on any rail passes in Switzerland (or at least by retailers we know). What rail website were you referring to and was it for any rail pass that you buy from them?

cursino
    Participant
    4 posts
    4 March 2018 at 19:58:46 #877748

I was looking at tickets into Stresa, Italy from Lauterbrunnen. Maybe raileurope? If you haven’t heard of it then it may have been offered for the Italy part only.

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 March 2018 at 20:15:34 #877749

Hi Cursino,

There is a 15% discount on the Eurail Select Pass for groups of 2 or more: http://www.myswissalps.com/eu railselectpass/price. Is that what you meant?

cursino
    Participant
    4 posts
    4 March 2018 at 23:31:44 #877750

Yes, that’s what I was looking at. I have been looking at the Swiss rail pass Overview at MySwissAlps and realize it doesn’t cover the mountain trips as well as the Swiss Travel Pass.

Thanks for the information.

• The thread ‘Group of 5 discount on Swiss rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.