Final 7 day Switzerland itenary April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2016 at 3:58:12 #808556

Will be reaching Switzerland from Salzburg 29th April.

• D1 Luzern – visit Old town, chapel bridge, Swiss transport museum
    • D2 Luzern – Mt Pilatus and Lake Luzern
    • D3 Luzern – Mt Titlis
    • D4 Grindelwald – visit Jungfraujoch
    • D5 Grindelwald – Lake Brienz & Ballenberg Open air museum
    • D6 Grindelwald – day trip to Zermatt or maybe visit Interlaken town
    • D7 Zurich – walk around the town and then fly back home

After much research I’ve came down to this itenary. Kindly comment.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 March 2016 at 14:27:41 #849126

Hi kenlee6,

Your plans look fine to me. Most important is to be flexible and switch plans if the weather forces you to do so (e.g. switch day 1 & 2 if day 1 has better weather). You can skip your visit to Interlaken unless you want to hunt for souvenirs. There’s not much else do see there. The region is much better than the town.

Please post a trip report once you’re back. That would be great!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2016 at 16:00:06 #849127

Thanks Arno.

Will post a trip report once I’m back. Another thing is that some people suggest stay in Wengen instead of Grindelwald. They said its car free and less tourisy. But during this end of April / beginning May will hotels and restaurants in Wengen mostly closed??

How is Wengen during this period??or should I just stay in Grindelwald like in my plan

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 March 2016 at 18:21:06 #849128

Hi kenlee6,

There’s more chance of snow and mud in Wengen by late April/early May, as it’s higher than Grindelwald. Also, more restaurants and hotels will be closed. Generally, you shouldn’t have to worry about tourist crowds in Grindelwald when traveling during this low season.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2016 at 1:27:38 #849129

Hi Annika

Will it be muddy too in Grindelwald during that period??

Some people prefer Lauterbrennen over Grindelwald. What do you think ??

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 March 2016 at 17:21:33 #849130

Hi kenlee6,

Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen are both lower than Wengen, so there’s less chance of melting snow and muddy areas. Lauterbrunnen is smaller than Grindelwald, so it depends on what you prefer. If you like a quaint town, Lauterbrunnen might be better. If you think it’s easier to have several shops at hand, Grindelwald makes more sense.

• The thread ‘Final 7 day Switzerland itenary April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.