Yurt/glamping near Lauterbrunnen or Stechelberg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2019 at 14:22:50 #820116

Hi,
    My husband and I are planning to visit Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg during this August. Could you please assist to find a reasonable, yurt/ glamping type accomadation which is near to Lauterbrunnen?
    During our visit Is that possible to transport our luggages from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich and collect from zurich? as it will be much convenient for us to travel without the luggages and go for hiking.
    Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    26 February 2019 at 20:38:56 #904999

Camping Jungfrau is on the edge of Lauterbrunnen with views of Staubach Falls. They have a variety of accommodations. A plus is the restaurant is known for being very good.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 2:55:04 #905000

Thanks a lot.
    I have tried much to find a yurt type accomadation in the lauterbrunnen. But I couldn’t. Is there any suggetions?
    And I could see that August is a peak season in Switzerland. So I want to do early bookings to avoid any inconvenience .
    Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 2:57:32 #905001

In camping Jungfrau, I think they only have shared bathroom option, am I correct?

hockeyfan
    Participant
    162 posts
    27 February 2019 at 4:14:23 #905002

That is not correct. There are a lot of different types of accommodations there, cabins, mobilehomes, and caravans all with decks and private bath facilities. Check their website…Camping Jungfrau Holiday Park.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2019 at 8:43:40 #905003

Hi Rama

Not quite glamping but this site seems to offer safari tents with a little more comfort!

http://www.campingruetti.ch/e n/safari-tents/

You may also want to check holiday rentals on our Lauterbrunnen site: http://www.myswissalps.com/la uterbrunnen/rentals

Have a fabulous trip!!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 3:03:01 #905004

Hockeyfan thanks a lot for your suggetion. I will go through there site and see for private bathroom option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 3:05:36 #905005

Hi maria,
    Thanks a lot for the suggetion . Do this campingrutti offer private bathroom option?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 7:53:43 #905006

I don’t think so, it doesn’t mention it on their website…

I found another link that might be useful: glampinghub.com/switze rland/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 8:10:38 #905007

Yes. I went through the website that you suggested. But all of them are far from Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg which we haveplanned to visit during our stay.
    I prefer yurt/ glamping or any kind of accomadation which is in outside. But should have a private bathroom.
    Anyway thanks a lot for your suggetions. I highly appreciate your suggetios.
    Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 10:06:54 #905008

Hi Rama

I’ve done a google search and I think you might struggle to find exactly what you’re looking for, in the location you are looking for… For a private bathroom, you might need to upgrade to a bungalow or chalet, which might not be quite the same experience, but offers you more options in the location and still is rustic/outdoorsy.

I found this site also which has great reviews: http://www.campingjungfrau.sw iss/en/unterkunft/somm er/default.asp

Hope you find something suitable!!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 12:59:44 #905009

Hi maria,

Yes that’s what exactly the problem was. We were in a struggle to find the type of accomadation what we want near to the place that we are going to travel.
    I feel like camping jangfrau is somewhat close to what we prefer.
    Thanks a lot for your suggetion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 15:06:50 #905010

No problem, I see that Hockeyfan also suggested the same so it must be good!

Maybe you found an untapped niche in your request, and worth talking to the owners of the campsite about it!

We would love to hear how your trip went on our forum! http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2019 at 15:27:51 #905011

Yes of course. Will definitely give an update regarding our trip.
    Thanks to you all my trip will be better than expected.
    Thanks.

• The thread ‘Yurt/glamping near Lauterbrunnen or Stechelberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.