First time visit to Switzerland for 8 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2015 at 16:06:56 #808053

I’m planning to book my 8 days honeymoon trip to Switzerland. I’m doing all the planning myself. I’m not going through any packages due to areas that we want to stick around. Mainly focusing on Zurich, Geneva, Valais and covering any major spots/attraction. Any additional details, places and suggestions are welcome. I still have to figure out where to fly in first and fly out, car, hotel, attraction, food everything is in process of finalizing. Still have lot of work to do since we just got married in September and having to work at same time, its bit tough.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 October 2015 at 0:48:08 #846638

Hi First time-

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are busy. Hope we can help you.

To do so, particularly since the attractions of Switzerland are extremely dependent of time of year, altitude and weather at altitude, it would help to know when you plan to come. Do you prefer the French or German speaking portion of the Valais?

Have you rejected Luzern and the Bernese Oberland? If so, why?

Do you have any special interests – skiing, hiking, trains, etc.

Perhaps these links will help –

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge ttingstarted

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘First time visit to Switzerland for 8 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.