First to Bachalpsee at the end of November

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2016 at 20:22:49 #810285

Hi All,

I will be in Jungfrau region in the last weekend of November. Although regular operation of the Grindelwald-First cablecar will not resume until sometime in December, the weekend operation seems to be available during the 26-27th November weekend. So, if I go up to First, will the path to Bachalpsee be available to hike during this time? Also, will it be walkable on a good running shoe?

On a similar note, will the Maennlichen to kleine scheidegg hike be walkable over this weekend (assuming cablecar to Maennlichen is operational)?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2016 at 9:29:06 #856783

November is a very difficult time in the Bernese Oberland mountains. Only when there is al lot of snow the Grindelwald-First and Grindelwald Grund-Mannlichen bahn are in operation. And only on saturday and sunday. When there is no snow, there is no operation.

In the winter the footpad to Bachalpsee and Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg is prepated and with snow good to walk with snowboots. I don’t no if the path is clean in November……….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2016 at 20:35:51 #856784

Thank you for the information, Brahms!

• The thread ‘First to Bachalpsee at the end of November’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.