Food - what's allowed

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
akhazari
akhazari
2 posts
Mar 24, 2013 - 8:20 AM
Hi

i will be taking a 7 day trip to switzerland and basing myself in lucerne in a service appartment.

wrt food items, what am i allowed to carry into the country?
while i would be enjoying local cuisine i ill be travelling with two very fussy children and would like to give them good meals at short notice.

can i carry pre-cooked meals ans spices in my check-in baggage?

are there any restrictions that i need to be aware of? please advise. or please direct me to the correct people.

thank-you

armin
Annika
Annika
5008 posts
expert &
Mar 26, 2013 - 3:00 PM
Hi armin. I've never experienced problems importing some own food items. If you want detailed information on what's allowed and what not, you can best contact the Swiss Federal Customs Administration through the e-mail address or phone number listed here.

I'm not sure what type of meals you're looking for, but Swiss super markets offer a wide array of excellent quick and pre-cooked meals, including lots of vegetarian products.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019