France Switzerland Euro pass vs Swiss Travel Pas

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 5:17:16 #807844

HiI am going for visit to Paris n Switzerland for 8 days and want to buy 8 day pass for 5 day in Switzerland and 3 day in Paris. I have 2 children aged 9 and 13. Which pass should I buy.

Swiss Travel Pass costing 590 or

France switzerland pass at 630 for 2 adult n 2 children.

Will theFrance switzerland pass have at least same feature like swiss travel pass for switzerland like free rides and discounts?

RegardsRajesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 August 2015 at 9:28:51 #845800

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for joining us! The Eurail France-Switzerland Pass and Swiss Travel Pass do not offer the same features. The Swiss Travel Pass offers more. You can compare them here:

If you just visit Paris and not the rest of France, the below combination might be better for you. I added links to your local retailer:

If you want to compare the options in detail (price wise), you can do the math as explained in this guide.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 11:47:41 #845801

Ok i Will buy the swiss travel pass. Any promo or discount available on swiss travel pass un the second class

rg

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 August 2015 at 12:22:06 #845802

Currently there are no promotions. However, if you buy through the link I mentioned, the price will be pretty good anyway; better than in Switzerland. There are no additional costs (e.g. shipping), as this is a pass you can print at home.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 14:12:26 #845803

Can You give me the link once again. All links given above are asking for shipping or printing at the agent in UAE. Can i print any pass at home. If yes pl guide. I m in Qatar.

ds regards

rg

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 August 2015 at 14:22:42 #845804

If you go to http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-pass they ask for the passenger names, passport numbers and travel dates, and let you print the pass at home. In fact that’s the only shipping option they provide.

Perhaps they offer physical shipment only if you also order the Paris Pass and the train tickets from Paris. If so, then first order only the Swiss Travel Pass via print at home, then come back to the site for the other products.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 18:43:19 #845805

Hi,

I bought the ticket as advised by you under booking ref 33108977 but there is a confusion. The ticket says in ticketing information Print @ Home with shipping information as Deira. It also states paper ticket with shipping address as shipping UAE.

Now what should I do? Will I receive teh travel documents separately or the mail can be printed. The mail says that the mail is not a travel document. Can you please help?

REgards

Rajesh

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 August 2015 at 5:29:41 #845806

Hi Rajesh,

Their e-mail might be a bit confusing, but the usual procedure is that you first receive a confirmation e-mail, followed by the actual pass a few days later once they have processed the order. If you’re in doubt you can contact them. Also you can attach their e-mail to your post here, so I can have a look if you like.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2015 at 19:14:10 #845807

2 mails received are enclosed. Please let me know if I can print at home or will I have to get it from Euro Rail Agent in Dubai?

Regards

Rajesh

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 September 2015 at 4:24:21 #845808

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the information. These e-mails are indeed a bit confusing, but the second one says “please note that the actual travel document will be sent to you by email within 2 business days”. That applies to the Swiss Travel Pass. You don’t need to contact them unless you would not receive that e-mail in time.

The Swiss Family Card seems to be physically shipped through regular mail, although it would be logical if they e-mail it also. I would recommend to ask them about that if you have not received it after two business days.

It will be fine, you don’t need to go to an agent yourself. Just keep an eye on it and see what you’ll receive. Let me know!

Kind regards,

Arno

• The thread ‘France Switzerland Euro pass vs Swiss Travel Pas’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.