From Chamonx to Switzerland

• Yumalation
    Participant
    8 posts
    21 June 2013 at 16:42:32 #806104

I’m travelling by train from France through Chamonix to Switzerland in July.

My first question is not entirely about Swiss rail, but has anyone got idea, how much costs the ticket between St. Gervais-Le Fayet and Martigny? I can find the price from Vallorcine..

My route in Switzerland will be Martigny-Murren-Geneva. I’m planning to buy Berner Oberland ticket. Is it ok if I buy ticket from Martigny to Brig, then I use Bernese Oberland ticket and when leaving to Geneva airport (from Murren) I buy a ticket from Bern onwards?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    23 June 2013 at 9:39:28 #839041

Hi Yumalation! Fares from St. Gervais to Martigny can be found through the website of the French railways. And yes, you can buy additional tickets Martigny-Brig and Bern-Geneva. The remaining legs to and from Mürren will be for free with a valid Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

Yumalation
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 July 2013 at 5:20:59 #839042

Thank you for your answer. I bought ticket from Le Chatelard to the Bernese Oberland Pass area. Only one week to go, can’t hardly wait!

Unfortunately SNCF timetable does not show trains from Chamonix to Le Chatelard. It is TMR that runs that part and temporarily by bus. Looks like the tickets to that part have to be bought in Chamonix. SBB/CFF website beats the french one by far.

Annika
    7103 posts
    12 July 2013 at 12:33:01 #839043

You’re right Yumalation, the SBB timetable depends on information of foreign train services in order to display prices or sell tickets for bordering countries. It won’t be a problem to get your tickets at a railway station though. Have a wonderful stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘From Chamonx to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.