Gate entry to platform using Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2016 at 6:31:33 #809988

Hi arno

I intend to use STP for travelling. I already purchased the same from swiss tours which is like printed leaflet. they informed that I can straight away board the train. So , is there a entry gate to platform which reads my STP before crossing the entry gate or there is no entry gate at stations ? Just board the train and if any ticket checker comes only I need to show my pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 August 2016 at 9:19:47 #855528

Hi Kochumon-

<<“Just board the train and if any ticket checker comes only I need to show my pass?”>>

That is the way it works. They may on occasion also ask to see your ID or passport.

Anyone can go onto the platforms and board the trains. If the catch you without a ticket, you pay a major fine. They no longer sell tickets onboard the trains.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2016 at 10:03:22 #855529

thank you slowpoke for the prompt reply

• The thread ‘Gate entry to platform using Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.