GE Seat Reservation for Swiss Pass holder

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2011 at 18:42:57 #804142

hi
    My wife, my 3-year old daughter and I are visiting Switzerland this march and plan to take the GE from St Moritz to Zermatt. Since we are travelling from Geneva Airport to Interlaken, Zurich, St Moritz and Geneva, I plan to buy the 4-day Swiss Pass.

i. is there any price difference between buying the swiss pass in advance in sterling and buying upon arrival in swiss francs? (assuming exchange rates are the same)

ii. how do holders of swiss pass book and pay for the seats supplement on GE?

iii. do i have to pay the seat supplement for my 3-year daughter? Even if i do not have to pay, will they accept payment so i may ensure a seat for my daughter?

iv. I cannot access to the catering site aboard GE. how do i arrange for special meal? (i dont take red meat and a teetotal)

v. Can we disembark GE at Visp or Brig station?

thank you.

nik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 February 2011 at 2:46:52 #832255

Hi Nik,

i. Yes, there’s a difference: A purchase in advance (click “UK” on the Swiss Pass page) costs GBP 287.40 = CHF 430. Purchasing in Switzerland would cost CHF 452.20.
    ii. You need to arrange for that separately. Please refer to the seat reservation page.
    iii. You don’t have to pay the supplement for children up to 5 years, but you do have to pay if you want a guaranteed seat for her.
    iv. Please refer to the page I mentioned with ii.
    v. Yes, you don’t have to complete the whole trip. You can book a section as well.

I hope this helps. Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘GE Seat Reservation for Swiss Pass holder’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.