Gelmer funicular from Wengen in July 2021

• Briggs
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 February 2021 at 10:45:05 #825777

Hi there forum, can anybody help me.Me and wife are going to Wengen at the the end of July hopefully,we are looking at going to the Gelmer Funicular(if it’s open) but I’m struggling for a route by train and bus.Can anybody give us any directions from Wengen and we would probably want to see the Handeckfall Bridge as well why we are there.Any timings would be useful as well we are looking at a day trip.Has anybody got any news about vaccinations in Switzerland will things be open when we are there? Thanks in advance for any help Briggs.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2021 at 19:25:49 #934662

Hi Briggs,

The Gelmer funicular leaves near a bus stop called ‘Handegg, Gelmerbahn’ .According to the timetable you need around 2-2,5 hours to get there from Wengen. The route is: Wengen – Lauterbrunnen – Inetrlaken – Meiringen – Innertkirchen – Gelmer funicular (Gelmerbahn in German).

I recommend you to book your tickets in advance for the Gelmer funicular, as last time I was there it was fully booked for the whole weekend and I missed it. Details about the funicular can be found at the Grimselwelt website (in German at the moment, altough it used to be also in English)

The Handeckfall suspension bridge is a connection between the Gelmer Funicular and the Handeck Hotel.

I really hope that things get back to normal by July 2021, but for the latest news regarding the Swiss coronavirus situation please visit at http://www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus.

Two more tips – if you are in Meiringen – the Reichenbach Fall and the Aare Gorge: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/reichenbach-fall-and-aare-gorge.

More information about the places can be found here:

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

Briggs
    Participant
    12 posts
    11 February 2021 at 7:43:48 #934663

Hi lldiko,thanks for your reply I will take a look again thanks briggs

• The thread ‘Gelmer funicular from Wengen in July 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.