Geneva airport early morning flight

• deborahw
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 August 2018 at 21:15:51 #817822

I have an early morning flight from Geneva airport (in December) and plan to get a train to arrive there a few hours before the flight. This means being at the airport for 3-5 hrs between midnight and 5am. I just read that the airport closes down during the night and passengers are not allowed to wait there? Is this correct? If I need to be there 3hrs ahead of the flight how is this possible? Thanks for your assistance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    11 August 2018 at 22:47:56 #893987

Yes, the airport closes. Obviously, it is open in time for appropriate checkin procedures of all schediled flights. There are hotels nearby, and anyway the airport is close to the city (15 min. cab ride).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2018 at 8:55:39 #893988

Hi deborahw and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, Geneva airport is closed from 0:00 to 04:00 but arriving at 04:00 would be fine for your flight.

The first flight is at 06:00 or thereabouts and arriving at 04:00 would be just fine for check in. 3 hours ahead of time is more then necessary, especially at that time of day.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/geneva

deborahw
    Participant
    2 posts
    12 August 2018 at 10:10:51 #893989

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Geneva airport early morning flight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.