3 minute train connection in Montreux doable?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2018 at 16:24:34 #814207

I am booking a ticket for my son to travel from Geneva airport to Gstaad, he has 3min to change train at Montreux, from platform 3 to platform 6. Not sure if this doable?

Otherwise next train is one hour later.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2018 at 17:26:50 #875441

Hi Annelondon,

Are you sure it is 3 to 6 and not 3 to 5? Most connections are 3 to 5 and they are right across from each other – so if the train is on time he’ll be just fine. Here is a link for the Swiss railways timetable.

You can see a station map on the Swiss railways website here.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 February 2018 at 2:28:57 #875442

Hello Anne,

If you are worried you can use the advanced search to set the connection time to a minimum of 10 or more minutes and see how that affects the overall travel time.

The MOB Golden Pass line trains depart Montreux at 44 mins past the hour and there is a regular regional train departing at 53 minutes past the hour.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2018 at 5:38:45 #875443

I’m gonna use EU Rail and so far I use its timetable to see the schedule of my trains. But it doesn’t show me the platforms. How can you guys know the platforms?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 February 2018 at 6:00:43 #875444

Go direct to the horses mouth. Use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 14:38:17 #875445

Many thanks for your answers. I have looked at the timetable and although most of the trains seems to connect from Platf 3 to 5 this one, is from 3 to 6. Hopefully he can run and gets it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 3:22:13 #875446

>> although most of the trains seems to connect from Platf 3 to 5 this one, is from 3 to 6. Hopefully he can run and gets it!

So his train is departing Geneva Airport after 8pm is it?

Platform 6 is only one platform across from Platforms 3/5. However, it will help if he can orient himself at Montreux station fairly quickly.

When he gets off the train at Montreux, if he looks up, he will see what sector of the platform he is on (A, B, C or D on square blue-and-white signs).

The escalators are between sectors A and B (but closer to B), so that’s the direction he should head in on alighting.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘3 minute train connection in Montreux doable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.