Geneva Cornavin station when travelling to Milan?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 7:59:40 #822100

I’m going from Geneva to Milan.

The timetable says Geneva Gare Cornavin AND I have to walk for 32 minutes from there to Geneve.

i don’t know where Geneve station is.

Can someone please confirm which station the direct train departs from?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 June 2019 at 11:03:51 #914451

Gare Cornavin is adjacent to the main Genève Station. Just search Genève to Milan. I don’t see any 32 minute walk.

Look up Genève Station on Google Maps. You’ll see how close it is to Cornavin. They are effectively one and the same.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2019 at 11:05:26 #914452

Despite the Annecy to Geneva flixbus being late we had enough time to ask at information at Cornavin station I showed the guy there the SBB app saying 32 min walk and he said ‘ohhh la la, de rein platform 6’. 😊

Panic averted.

Thanks rock oyster. We must be at Geneva station then – we are on the right platform anyway! Thank you.

It is almost a 32 min walk to the WC that’s for sure!!!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 June 2019 at 11:14:09 #914453

I didn’t realise this was a “real time” situation. Was Annecy worth it? Thinking of going there myself.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 7:27:57 #914454

We went with a group and were there for 8 days. We did a lot of tough walks in the area. You could see the sights in a couple of days. It is beautifully clean and a very nice lakeside town where people come for the lake in summer and gentle skiing 1/2 hr drive away. Much bigger than Chamonix and not exclusively skiing.

Sometimes called the french Venice because there are canals through the town – clear snow melt water.

Food, drinks and accommodation are cheaper than Switzerland.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 June 2019 at 8:37:47 #914455

Thanks. Better add it to the bucket list.

• The thread ‘Geneva Cornavin station when travelling to Milan?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.