Getting Swiss Rail Tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2012 at 13:03:47 #805459

Hi, I will be travelling to Interlaken From Milano, Itlay in September, In the SBB.Ch site I found the required ticket with offered discount , the problem is that I can book the ticket online but I can not have electronic ticket to print, and the only ways is either to get it from SBB ticket office inside Switzerland or to have it posted to me by mail. As I live in Egypt, the mailing option will cost 90 euros, as stated by the SBB ticket shop on the web. This is of course makes it very expensive. Nevertheless, to pick it up from SBB office inside Switzerland is impossible as I will start from Milano Italy. I need your help in this issue . Any ideas?Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    21 July 2012 at 10:29:45 #836683

Welcome to the forum mowaffak! You can also order your seat reservation/train ticket through Trainticket.com or Rail Europe World. They both charge less for delivery than the SBB and you could also combine this with an online purchase of a Swiss rail pass, if you need one. I hope that helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2012 at 11:42:28 #836684

Thank you very much Annika. I just have booked the tickets (Milano-Interlaken) through Rail Europe World , and got a very good deal with very cheap shipment fees (12 Euros) to Egypt, instead of the 85 CHF by SBB. It was a great helpful tip from you.

• The thread ‘Getting Swiss Rail Tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.