Getting tickets w/ Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2016 at 19:51:34 #809743

Hello!

I’m planning a trip from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. I will have the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, which gets me free pass from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and 25% discount on the Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch leg.

Now, I understood that since I will travel in the high season (middle August) I better reserve the tickets online in advance. And here is the catch: on the SBB Ticket Shop site there is no option to use the regional pass. When I’m following the link to the ‘Regional fare networks Individual tickets, day passes, travelcards, etc. for regional transport systems‘ the only mention of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is under ‘BeoAbo Fare Network Bernese Oberland‘ and there is no Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch stations there.

I’m completely at loss here. Can you please help me out? Thank you.

Best, Alexander

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    23 July 2016 at 2:25:17 #854484

I believe you will receive a 50% discount on the Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau leg of the trip—WIth Regional Bernese Oberland Pass –The transportation is easy and fast with this pass just hope on and show conductor on lines lifts cogs buses boats covered with this pass—will have to purchase your ticket at the Kleine Sch station I believe as we did at the Murren station up to Schilthorn–Great pass we used it for 6 days and went everywhere any time as many times a day we wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2016 at 5:49:00 #854485

Thank you Darrel! I believe the discount will be 25% (at least this is what the site says), but this is not the point. The question is how to use the pass when booking the tickets online. I’ve seen how other passes can be applied (e. g. Half Price, Family, etc.), but not this one.

Best, Alexаnder

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 July 2016 at 14:34:39 #854486

Hi Alexander,

You don’t need to buy anything from the SBB site; they don’t offer such tickets. I don’t even think the Jungfraubahnen website offers the correct ticket online. I’d recommend to buy your ticket the day before your trip, from any staffed train station, after verifying the weather will be good enough the go up. Please find further details here: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch /tickets. You will indeed get a 25% discount. The pass itself can be purchased online: myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland/ price.

Enjoy the trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2016 at 14:48:43 #854487

Hi Arno! Thank you, will follow your advise.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    23 July 2016 at 15:00:13 #854488

Sorry my mistake on the Regional Bernese Oberland map indicates discount from Kleine Sch to Jungfraeu is not 50% sorry—

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2016 at 16:06:43 #854489

🙂

• The thread ‘Getting tickets w/ Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.