Getting to Gimmelwald on a single flexipass day?

• remyo
    Participant
    26 posts
    5 May 2013 at 17:26:09 #805963

Hello,
    I’m trying to maximize our group’s flexipass day-1 from Geneva. Would we be able to get from Geneva all the way to Gimmelwald (including the tram at the end) on the flexipass or would that last tram cost us extra? I see on the Flexipass map a solid black line to Murren but not to Gimmelwald.
    Our intent is to do the via ferrata. We want to get as far as we can on the flexipass (ideally to Gimmelwald to the Mountain Hostel) to drop our bags, hike to Murren, do the via ferrata and then continue on our way via wanderweg (on the Via Alpina to Bundalp Berghaus).

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2013 at 10:47:21 #838572

Hello,
    I’m trying to maximize our group’s flexipass day-1 from Geneva. Would we be able to get from Geneva all the way to Gimmelwald (including the tram at the end) on the flexipass or would that last tram cost us extra? I see on the Flexipass map a solid black line to Murren but not to Gimmelwald.
    Our intent is to do the via ferrata. We want to get as far as we can on the flexipass (ideally to Gimmelwald to the Mountain Hostel) to drop our bags, hike to Murren, do the via ferrata and then continue on our way via wanderweg (on the Via Alpina to Bundalp Berghaus).

Thank you!

If it is a Swiss Flexipass it is good all the way to Gimmelwald. Take the train to Lauterbrunen then the bus to Stechelberg cable car station and then the cable car up to Gimmelwald. If you have a Eurail Flexipass it is only good to Interlaken Ost. From Interlaken Ost there is a discount.

• The thread ‘Getting to Gimmelwald on a single flexipass day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.