Getting to Paris from Montreux by train

Getting to Paris from Montreux by train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SL90
SL90
1 post
Apr 19, 2018 - 9:13 AM

Hi all,

My family and I will be visiting Montreux and Paris this coming June.

May I know what is the best train route (in terms of distance and price) to reach Paris from Montreux?

Should I depart from Montreux to Paris or is there a better option?

Do I need to buy train tickets online or getting them at the station is okay too?

I seek your kind advice, thank you!

meesonia
meesonia
5 posts
Apr 19, 2018 - 12:07 PM in reply to SL90

Hi if you go onto Loco2.com, put in your departure point and destination and the date it will give you all the options, there are plenty depending on travel date. It also gives you the prices and travel time, I always find it a useful site you can buy the tickets as well but check out the Swiss leg separately as you might better with a pass depending what else you are doing,

cheers Ian

Lucas
Lucas
5543 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2018 - 6:45 PM in reply to SL90

Hi SL90 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy the ticket in advance. International tickets get higher in price the closer to the travel date.

You can certainly take a train from Montreux to Paris if that is where you are starting from. Changes in Lausanne and/or Geneva are common.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out the trips and see schedules. To buy tickets from Switzerland to Paris you can find online retailers here.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018