Getting to Paris from Montreux by train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 9:13:53 #815423

Hi all,

My family and I will be visiting Montreux and Paris this coming June.

May I know what is the best train route (in terms of distance and price) to reach Paris from Montreux?

Should I depart from Montreux to Paris or is there a better option?

Do I need to buy train tickets online or getting them at the station is okay too?

I seek your kind advice, thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 12:07:24 #882687

Hi if you go onto Loco2.com, put in your departure point and destination and the date it will give you all the options, there are plenty depending on travel date. It also gives you the prices and travel time, I always find it a useful site you can buy the tickets as well but check out the Swiss leg separately as you might better with a pass depending what else you are doing,

cheers Ian

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 18:45:59 #882688

Hi SL90 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would buy the ticket in advance. International tickets get higher in price the closer to the travel date.

You can certainly take a train from Montreux to Paris if that is where you are starting from. Changes in Lausanne and/or Geneva are common.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out the trips and see schedules. To buy tickets from Switzerland to Paris you can find online retailers here.

• The thread ‘Getting to Paris from Montreux by train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.