Can”t book Glacier Express from St. Moritz?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 15:46:08 #815874

I’m having trouble booking a seat reservation on the glacier express.

I have been checking the site daily to monitor the release of seat reservations for my date of travel in August- when I checked today it no longer say I can start my journey at St Moritz and no- one is answering at the express office – can anyone shed any light on what’s happening ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 May 2018 at 22:45:40 #884812

Hello Lynda and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Are you trying at bit.ly/2rpARTl

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 1:06:58 #884813

Even I am facing the same issue. Attempting to book on the same link as you mentioned, but St. Moritz is no longer showing as an option to start the journey in Glacier Express. Has the route or stations of GE changed. I am intending to travel in June from St. Moritz to Brig.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 May 2018 at 1:17:48 #884814

That’s odd. Suspect the GEX ticket shop has a problem You could try making reservations with one of the retailers listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets but you won’t get to choose specific seats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 2:47:50 #884815

It must be website issue. I am finding Glacier Express train departures when searching a few random dates in August – timetable. Try the link Rockoyster gave you or email them directly to make reservations: info@glacierexpress.ch

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 5:34:50 #884816

I am still facing the same issue. I am not even able to book for August from St. Moritz. I need reservation for June 18, 2018 from St. Moritz to Brig on Glacier Express. The closest connection website is showing is from Bergun.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 May 2018 at 5:42:01 #884817

The website is broken. Probably because the timetable switched over from winter to summer on 10 May. Someone has stuffed up. I expect it will be fixed soon. If you can’t wait try the options outlined above. For an August reservation I wouldn’t panic just yet. They probably have a lot of emails including the one I sent asking them to get it fixed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 6:00:50 #884818

Thank you ever so much. I was about to re-schedule my accomodation, but then thanks to you guys for such prompt responces. I think I will wait for a day or two before making bookings from a third party site. I shall keep a close watch on the website, but in case you get to know if the website issue is resolved, please do post. Thanks again!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 May 2018 at 9:57:18 #884819

Go for it guys. The GEX website problem is now fixed.

• The thread ‘Can”t book Glacier Express from St. Moritz?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.