Glacier Express June 17 Brig – Filisur booked out?

• ssd1966
    Participant
    12 posts
    7 May 2016 at 14:07:10 #809131

Traveling on 17th June and want to get the glacier express from Brig to Filisur. I will have a 2nd class Swiss pass. When I check reservations thee is no 2nd class available on the 9:18 departure. Only 1st.

Is this an error?

What would upgrade cost to 1st be

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 May 2016 at 8:56:27 #851689

Hi ssd1966,

Indeed 2nd class seems to be fully booked. I don’t think it’s an error. You can try again later to be sure (the link is here under “More on other websites”), but I would not expect this to change. You can e-mail them as they may have more seats available, apart from online bookings. Also you can try at any staffed train station in Switzerland as soon as you have arrived. I have booked seats at the last minute once, in June as well, but it was before one could book online too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2016 at 14:05:27 #851690

Hello Arno,

This is an amazing blog to get all kinds of questions answered. At present I’m using the http://www.glacierexpress.ch/ website to book myself on the 16th June Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. However, when I fill out all details, it automatically adds the cost of the ‘ride’, which should be free, considering I have Swiss Travel Pass. Now I’m stuck. Can you please help? Thanks.

Shekhar

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 May 2016 at 16:28:39 #851691

Welcome Shekhar; I’m glad you find it useful here!

Under “abo”, you need to select “others”. That means you have another ticket/pass that replaces a regular ticket, hence you’ll only pay the reservation fee.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express June 17 Brig – Filisur booked out?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.