Glacier Express June 17 Brig - Filisur booked out?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ssd1966
ssd1966
12 posts
May 7, 2016 - 2:07 PM

Traveling on 17th June and want to get the glacier express from Brig to Filisur. I will have a 2nd class Swiss pass. When I check reservations thee is no 2nd class available on the 9:18 departure. Only 1st.

Is this an error?

What would upgrade cost to 1st be

Arno
Arno
14080 posts
expert &
May 8, 2016 - 8:56 AM

Hi ssd1966,

Indeed 2nd class seems to be fully booked. I don't think it's an error. You can try again later to be sure (the link is here under "More on other websites"), but I would not expect this to change. You can e-mail them as they may have more seats available, apart from online bookings. Also you can try at any staffed train station in Switzerland as soon as you have arrived. I have booked seats at the last minute once, in June as well, but it was before one could book online too.

shekhar
shekhar
3 posts
May 21, 2016 - 2:05 PM

Hello Arno,

This is an amazing blog to get all kinds of questions answered. At present I'm using the www.glacierexpress.ch/ website to book myself on the 16th June Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. However, when I fill out all details, it automatically adds the cost of the 'ride', which should be free, considering I have Swiss Travel Pass. Now I'm stuck. Can you please help? Thanks.

Shekhar

Arno
Arno
14080 posts
expert &
May 21, 2016 - 4:28 PM in reply to shekhar

Welcome Shekhar; I'm glad you find it useful here!

Under "abo", you need to select "others". That means you have another ticket/pass that replaces a regular ticket, hence you'll only pay the reservation fee.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019