Glacier Express and Bernina Express in 2022

• Marggy
    Participant
    51 posts
    11 September 2020 at 4:55:08 #825682

My husband and I were originally planning to come to Switzerland in May/June of this year (many thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me with the planning). When our trip was cancelled we thought we would be coming next April but given that Australia still has closed borders, this is looking less and less likely. However, we are determined to make this our next overseas trip so if we can’t do it in May/June 2021, we will be doing it in May/June 2022. I keep doing more research and changing things slightly (at least I have the luxury of time to do this).

In our current plan, we are catching the Bernina Express from St Moritz to Lugano and the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Chur. I was watching something last night that indicated that these would be better in the reverse directions, so Lugano to St Moritz and Chur to Zermatt. I would be very interested in any thoughts anyone has on which is the better direction. Thanks for your help.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express and Bernina Express in 2022’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11280 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.