Glacier Express carriage numbers

• Maggierome
    Participant
    3 posts
    22 June 2022 at 16:26:19 #827572

Hello, and apologies for what is 99% certainly a stupid question. I made Seat reservations for the 902 Zermatt-Chur train some time ago, choosing: Carriage No25, Seats 55-56. I’ve just had a look at my booking date, and carriages are numbered 1,2,3,4. I don’t want to be paranoid, but don’t fancy buying the rail tix if my seat reservations are fake. Many thanks, M.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2022 at 16:45:18 #943492

Hello Maggierome and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

There are no stupid questions! 🙂

May I ask where you bought your seat reservation? Here? http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/tickets If yes, then for sure everything is OK with your seat reservation.

Ildiko

Maggierome
    Participant
    3 posts
    22 June 2022 at 17:13:46 #943493

Hi Ildiko, thanks for replying so quickly. I booked direct on glacierexpress .ch. Website and email with Seat reservation ticket looks fine, and my tickets appear in Swisspass.ch, in the account I created when I booked the seat reservations. So it would be a very good fraud if all fake.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2022 at 17:35:11 #943494

Seems all fine to me Maggierome. I’m not sure what tickets you had in mind but the Saver Day Pass might be a good option: http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass.

Enjoy the trip!

Maggierome
    Participant
    3 posts
    22 June 2022 at 17:39:11 #943495

Thanks Arno. I think I’ll just relax: if all the websites had been fake, I’m sure I’d have had much more money taken from my credit card by now! This is such a useful forum, thanks to you, Ildiko and others.

jlwt
    Participant
    7 posts
    24 June 2022 at 11:09:46 #943496

I also bought seat reservations last week on RHB Glacier Express website and my carriage number is 35. I used the link from Swiss Alps forum info area.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 June 2022 at 7:28:35 #943497

Hi jlwt,

The RhB website is perfectly reliable.

But just to make sure: didn’t you make double bookings? In your first post you mentioned you reserved the 902 train Zermatt-Chur a while ago. That’s the Glacier Express, and you also made Glacier Express reservations through the RhB website last week. If that’s for 2 separate journeys that’s fine of course :-).

• The thread ‘Glacier Express carriage numbers’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.