Glacier express dec 2015

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2015 at 12:51:57 #806985

we are planning on taking the Glacier express between ST. Moritz and Zermatt on Dec 13 th 2015. When I have tried to access the timetable it says that the timetable period goes until Dec 12 th. Does this mean that the train doesn’t run after that time, or only that a new timetable will be in place. If that is the case, how soon can I expect the new times to be available? Also, how far in advance can that sector be booked? Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 March 2015 at 12:03:46 #842046

Hi Stacywilde,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Glacier Express does not operate between October 26 and December 13. The trains are available again on December 14. So you can either pick that day, or do the trip with the regional trains on the same route. You can book seats 3 months ahead of time. Reservations can be purchased along with your rail pass, which I assume you will need as well.

Further information can be found on the Glacier Express page.

Apart from all of this, the timetable for all Swiss and most European trains is valid until December 12. A new timetable for December 13 onwards will become available a few months or weeks before. The release date is different per rail operator in some case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2015 at 12:10:22 #842047

Thank you very much. We can adjust dates. It would have been a shame to have arrived one day too early to take this trip!!

• The thread ‘Glacier express dec 2015’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.