Glacier Express – misleading info

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2016 at 9:29:39 #810134

We bought the Swiss Pass because we saw that the Glacier Express was free with the pass. However, the Glacier Express wasn’t free. We had to buy a ticket for 33 CHF. I think the website needs to update the information so that people can make informed decisions about which tickets or passes to buy.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 September 2016 at 10:24:40 #856106

Hi tlchady, thanks for joining us!

I’m sorry to hear there were misunderstandings about the Glacier Express fee. Let’s explain things. First of all, I think you’ve bought the Swiss Travel Pass, not the Swiss Pass as that’s a product for Swiss residents. The Glacier Express trip itself, that would normally cost CHF 149 per person in 2nd class, is for free with the Swiss Travel Pass and you don’t need any tickets. What you do need is the additional seat reservation fee, as this is not included in the Swiss Travel Pass or in any of the other rail passes. So I assume it’s this compulsory seat reservation you’ve purchased. It costs CHF 33 per person indeed in summer, and CHF 13 per person in winter.

This information is listed at several of our pages:

I hope it’s all clear now. I’m not sure if your trip is yet to start, but if so, enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 September 2016 at 0:24:54 #856107

<<“I hope it’s all clear now.”>>

It is clear to me.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Glacier Express – misleading info’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.