Glacier Express reservation for Swiss Travel Pass

• udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    30 December 2016 at 15:24:49 #810486

Hello

I have bought the Swiss travel pass for my travel in May 2017. I was looking at the Glacier express website but I am not getting only reservation option as is needed for the pass holders.I know May has not yet opened.So I was putting Brig to Chur on.a date in Feb but the price displayed includes both ticket price and reservation and shows no such option for Swiss travel pass holders who I hope require only the reservation price and not the ticket price. Please clarify where I am going wrong

reegards

Udayaditya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 December 2016 at 15:38:11 #857630

Hi Udayaditya,

I just checked, but it works fine for me. After a few clicks you’ll see a Reduction drop down box (along with filling out your name), and you can select the Swiss Travel Pass there. That results in only paying the reservation fee.

Just to make sure you are on the correct website: you’ll find the links on myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/ tickets.

udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    31 December 2016 at 0:49:48 #857631

Hello Arno

Thanks for the input. I hope the reduction box which shows Swiss travel pass Flex etc and the other options is the same as Swiss travel pass which I have purchased.

A few other questions

1. The reservation system shows a map. Do you have any specific suggestion regarding which seats I take up for 3 of us and on which side while travelling from Brig to St Moritz??

2. If I reserve a seat from Brig to St Moritz can I alight at Chur for any change of plans if so happen?

Regards

Udayaditya

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 December 2016 at 9:39:44 #857632

Hi Udayaditya,

1. Where to sit is explained on our Glacier Express page here: myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress/getting there. However, the seat map does not show which side is the front of the train, so you won’t be sure. Any side will have good views though, and if there are non reserved seats you can change anyway.

2. Yes, no problem.

udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    31 December 2016 at 12:48:55 #857633

Thanks Arno

• The thread ‘Glacier Express reservation for Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.