When to book Glacier Express seat reservations?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chandraks
chandraks
111 posts
May 31, 2016 - 11:23 PM

For Aug end travel, what is the latest I should make seat reservation for the Glacier Express ? Is it a requirement to hold a Swiss Travel Pass to make the glacier seat reservation ? I will buying Swiss Travel Pass as well once I get close to my date of travelling, since I heard Glacier will be booked , so what is the latest I should complete my seat reservation for Glacier. Also will there be any discount offers for Swiss Travel Pass ? I am looking for a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. Thanks, Chandra

Arno
Arno
12131 posts
expert &
Jun 1, 2016 - 5:42 AM

Hi Chandra,

I can't give you a latest date as theoretically you can still book a seat just before your trip, but the train could also be booked out 2 months in advance. It just depends on demand. Best practice is to book as soon as your travel date is fixed. You don't need to posses a pass to book seats. There is no discount on seat reservations.

Have a good trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019