Glacier Express - seat reservation

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 8:48 PM

I am planning to take glacier express ride.

Zurich -> Chur (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Chur -> Andermatt (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay). Do i need to pay seat reservation? Is it mandatory ?

Andermatt -> Zurich (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Please confirm. Does this iternary feasible in 6 hours if i start my trip at 12 noon from zurich ?

Also is it mandatory to have seat reservation for glacier express ? If i do not go for seat reservation, what happens ? Do i get any random seat ?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 4:24 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

>> Zurich -> Chur (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Correct.

>> Chur -> Andermatt (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay). Do i need to pay seat reservation? Is it mandatory ?

No additional costs if you take a regional train. If you take the Glacier Express, reservations are mandatory and cost extra. In the high season (16 Jun-16 Sep 2018) a reservation costs CHF 43. Reservations can be made here:

shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en

>> Andermatt -> Zurich (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Correct.

>> Please confirm. Does this iternary feasible in 6 hours if i start my trip at 12 noon from zurich ?

Please use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip and find out how long it will take:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Use the timetable on the right with the red SBB logo.

>> Also is it mandatory to have seat reservation for glacier express ?

Yes.

>> If i do not go for seat reservation, what happens ?

Passengers without a valid seat reservation are not entitled to transport on the Glacier Express.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018