Glacier Express - seat reservation

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 8:48 PM

I am planning to take glacier express ride.

Zurich -> Chur (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Chur -> Andermatt (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay). Do i need to pay seat reservation? Is it mandatory ?

Andermatt -> Zurich (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Please confirm. Does this iternary feasible in 6 hours if i start my trip at 12 noon from zurich ?

Also is it mandatory to have seat reservation for glacier express ? If i do not go for seat reservation, what happens ? Do i get any random seat ?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 4:24 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

>> Zurich -> Chur (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Correct.

>> Chur -> Andermatt (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay). Do i need to pay seat reservation? Is it mandatory ?

No additional costs if you take a regional train. If you take the Glacier Express, reservations are mandatory and cost extra. In the high season (16 Jun-16 Sep 2018) a reservation costs CHF 43. Reservations can be made here:

shop.glacierexpress.ch /gex_en

>> Andermatt -> Zurich (I have STP, so i believe no fees to pay)

Correct.

>> Please confirm. Does this iternary feasible in 6 hours if i start my trip at 12 noon from zurich ?

Please use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip and find out how long it will take:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Use the timetable on the right with the red SBB logo.

>> Also is it mandatory to have seat reservation for glacier express ?

Yes.

>> If i do not go for seat reservation, what happens ?

Passengers without a valid seat reservation are not entitled to transport on the Glacier Express.

Alpenrose

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019