Glacier express travel with Adventure card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2010 at 3:36:38 #803987

Hi,

I had got the adventure card 2nd class (buy 1 get 2 offer) and has option for free travel in glacier express from Zermatt to disesntis.
    There is no 2nd class seats available for reservation for the date i want to travel , but as per the site with paying some extra fees i can travel in first class.

So i my query is

whether the upgrade from second to first class apply for pass holders too and how much would be the difference i need to pay?

Thanks,
    Prasanna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 September 2010 at 13:33:22 #831779

Hello Prassana! You can indeed travel in 1st class by purchasing an ‘upgrade ticket’. You’ll have to pay the difference between the 1st and 2nd class price for the trip from Zermatt to Disentis. Please take a look at the Glacier Express price overview to calculate the difference. It would be best to reserve your seats through the contact form of the Rhaetian Railways. You can explain your situation there and state that you only need seat reservations for 1st class seats plus an upgrade ticket, as you’ll have a valid Adventure Card. If this is too complicated, you can also just book your 1st class seats online in advance, and buy the upgrade ticket before boarding at the Zermatt railway station.

Good luck!

• The thread ‘Glacier express travel with Adventure card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.