Glacier Paradise and Klein Matterhorn in 1.5 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2015 at 18:25:23 #807628

I would love to visit both sites, not sure if we have enough time? We arrive 11 am in Zermatt on Day 1 and leave at 3pm on Day 2

I found some instructions on how to get to Klein Matterhorn:

From Zermatt station follow signs to Gondola station to Furi

Furi – get on cable car to TrockenSteg – get on another cable car to Klein Matterhorn

Is this right? My husband and his brother can’t walk very much – I am hoping that there isn’t too much walking to get to Klein Matterhorn. Once there – other than taking in the beauty – what else is there to do? How much time should we plan to spend there?

Now – getting to Gornergrat – I couldn’t find too many clear instructions other than taking the cogwheel from Zermatt – is this close to the Zermatt train station? I understand that there are 4 station stops along the way – do you get off and on to visit the areas?

Thanks for you help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 July 2015 at 13:00:38 #844752

Hi jojofiorito!

You should be able to visit both in 1,5 days. Did you find our Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat pages? The ‘route’ sections explain how to get to the valley stations and describe the way to the top. It’s about 20 minutes of easy walking to the valley station of Klein Matterhorn, but if some of your company aren’t able to walk that much, you can also get on one of the electric buses as described at our Zermatt page. The railway station of the Gornergrat is indeed right across the street from the main station.

The Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn pages I linked to also mention activities. You can get on and off at midway stations to enjoy the views or take short hikes, that’s no problem. I’d say that each visit takes about half a day if you take it easy. Of course you can expand this duration by making (long) stops along the way.

• The thread ‘Glacier Paradise and Klein Matterhorn in 1.5 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.