Golden Pass Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2012 at 1:48:54 #805395

Hello. I would be visiting Switzerland next week for about 8 days. My family and I wish to take the Golden Pass Express from Montreaux to Luzern and we were wondering if it is possible to see a few places such Merringen by getting off the express and catching the next scheduled express.

Also another question is that do we have necessarily reserve seats for every stage of the journey.

the final question that I have is : can one send her luggage in advance to the final station and if yes, what is the process for that.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 June 2012 at 6:17:28 #836508

Hello rituparna, and welcome to the forum. Yes, you can get out along the way and hop on the next train after that. If you want to travel in panoramic Golden Pass trains, you should reserve seats for each separate leg in that case. But you can also choose to travel by regular regional trains, that don’t require seat reservation. All connections can be found in the timetable (please mind the right spelling such as Montreux and Meiringen in order to get the right information).

The SBB has a luggage service indeed. This should be the info you’re looking for.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.