Golden Pass (Interlaken to Zweisimmen to Montreux)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 1:04:14 #810945

Hi,

I plan to take Golden Pass Route from Interlake to Zweisimmen to Montreux, taking 9:08 train and arrive Zweisimmen 10:19.

I plan to take the next train to Montreux leaving 10:25, which is 6 mins apart. I have a group of 5pax and will have luggages to pull. I would need advise if I have time to board the 10:25 train or I should take the next train at 11:05 for seats reservations, not knowing if the boarding platform for Montreux is far or just nearby?

Thanks,

Sally

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 9:13:46 #859553

Hi Sally,

Your train will arrive in Zweisimmen on platform 6, and you will need to transfer to platform 5 for your connecting train, so it’s not very far.

Unless your travel party includes people with some mobility limitations, or more luggage than they can easily manage themselves, you should have no trouble making the connection.

Get your things together and retrieve your luggage from wherever you have stored it shortly before arriving at Zweisimmen, so that you are ready to get off without delay once the train has pulled into the station.

It’s been 3 years since I last took that train, but I seem to remember that changing platforms was done without having to change levels. In any case, if you do have to go down to a subway and up again, there will at least be a ramp.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2017 at 12:56:06 #859554

HI Alpenrose,

Thank you for your advise.

If I will to take the next train (11:05), I will have around 45mins to linger around. With this amount of waiting time, is it enough for me to just pop out to take some nice photo of Zweisimmen and where should I head for?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 0:20:07 #859555

>> If I will to take the next train (11:05), I will have around 45mins to linger around. With this amount of waiting time, is it enough for me to just pop out to take some nice photo of Zweisimmen and where should I head for?

I’m not familiar with Zweisimmen personally, as I haven’t done anything other than change trains there.

However, there are some attractive chalet-style buildings in the vicinity of the station, which might provide some photo opportunities for you.

You could have a look in Google Street view to identify anything in particular that you would like to photograph.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 March 2017 at 8:32:43 #859556

There’s not really much to see within 45 minutes, but the church on the Kirchgasse is a nice spot. You’ll find a picture of it on myswissalps.com/simmen valley. A map can be found here.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass (Interlaken to Zweisimmen to Montreux)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.