Golden Pass 6 minute train change in Zweisimmen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2016 at 2:49:53 #808784

Hello Everyone. I’ve made reservations on the Golden Pass from Montreux to Lucerne and I had a concern. One leg has me arriving in Zweismmen on train #3126 at 15:32 and then leaving at 15:38 on train # 4076 to Interlaken. That’s a six-minute gap and I got concerned that the train number being different meant I’d potentially miss my connection. Am I right to think this will be the same train under a different number? I have another connection that’s 15 minutes in Interlaken.

Thanks for any help in this manner!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2016 at 10:54:45 #850193

At Zweisimmen you must change trains. The trains are from different companies, the MOB (from Montreux) and the BLS (to Interlaken) . When trains are on time, the 6 minutes is enough. Zweisimmen is a litle station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2016 at 16:10:38 #850194

You can always find out (from http://www.sbb.ch/en) which platform your train arrives and the next departs so you can be mentally prepared. That being said, Zweisimmen is a small station so should not be a problem. If you have swiss pass you can take the next train also (in case you miss).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 8:03:56 #850195

I don’t mean to barge in into this thread but my question is also related to the connection time for the trains.

I arrive from Munich to Zurich at 16:53 on platform 12 and have a connection to Visp at 17:02 form platform 31. (9 minute connection time)

I arrive in Visp at 19:02 on platform 6 and have a connection to Zermatt at 19:08 from platform 3 (6 minute connection time)

Are the connection time enough and are their any chances of train delays? I have booked my tickets already, and i think these are non-flexible bookings due to which i am asking the question.

I have the swiss pass but it will be valid from next day. This train connection i got while booking on DB Bahn

Thanks once again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 8:09:40 #850196

Well honestly, I too am travelling to Swiss in mid April but as per Arno / Annika’s other posts those times are good enough for the transition but I would assume that to be based on case to case basis. If its a lady with luggage we can’t expect them to be running like guys. Or for old people. But I guess it would be fine to make the change. For your purchased tickets, reconfirm once with the issuer (in case) if you miss the connection in less time can you take the other (although its unlikely as you said)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 9:33:17 #850197

[quote] Are the connection time enough and are their any chances of train delays?[/quote]

How can we tell you now on this moment that there train delays are on date when you travel.

I travel last week in Germany bij ICE train. One time a have 65 minutes dalays, the next day 75 minutes…….. It is always exciting travveling by train………

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2016 at 9:47:59 #850198

Thanks sskundu for your friendly advice.

@Brahms…of course i don’t expect you to tell me about any delays about my train ride. All i want to know is that are train delays common when travelling between different countries? And in case they are, is it possible to get onto the next train on a non flexible ticket?

Based on your experience any connection time wont make it possible to get onto the next connecting train, as one will always be unsure. Hence i need a general idea and not the worst case scenario.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 April 2016 at 11:02:51 #850199

Trains in Switzerland don’t need to be booked in advance. That means that if you have a ticket to Zermatt and you miss your connection in Zurich or Visp, you can simply take the next train. Even if your ticket includes seat reservations for the section in Switzerland the ticket should be valid on the next train. You just don’t have a guaranteed seat in that next train, but that’s usually not an issue.

I wonder if you arrive in Zurich by train or by bus? There are DB buses from Munich to Zurich, and they arrive at Zurich Sihlquai: a square close to the rail station, but further away than trains would arrive. In that case 9 minutes is tight. Still doable, but more walking is involved.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass 6 minute train change in Zweisimmen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.