Golden Pass Luzern to Montreux on March 31?

Golden Pass Luzern to Montreux on March 31?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
alpmeplease
alpmeplease
1 post
Mar 17, 2018 - 10:57 AM

Trying to research this information on my own is a bit overwhelming, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

My family of four is planning to take the Golden Pass trains from Luzern to Montreux on March 31st. We have a hotel reservation and plans in Montreux that night. We'll then return (via regular trains I think) to Luzern on the April 1st.

I've seen a couple of references online that said that no Golden Pass trains are running from March 19th to May 1st. Is that accurate?

If it IS accurate, then would we just take regular trains for the same three legs of the trip?

If so, is the travel time similar, or do these run faster than the Golden Pass trains?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2018 - 1:12 PM in reply to alpmeplease

Hi alpmeplease and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Golden Pass trains are running (along with regional trains), but you can't make reservations due to some construction on the line between Montbovon and Chateux d'Oex (you will be put on a bus for this 10km stretch).

The lack of reservations and the bus portion aren't a big deal so don't let it put you off. It could be a little busier than usual though as it is the Easter long weekend so be prepared for that.

Happy Travels

Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 11:17 AM by Arno
chum444
chum444
19 posts
Mar 17, 2018 - 1:42 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you for this information. Is there a scheduled completion date for the construction? We are planning to take the Golden Pass train on 28.06.18.

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Mar 17, 2018 - 3:15 PM in reply to chum444

Hi chum444,

The line construction is scheduled to be completed on June 1, 2018. Also the heritage panoramic coaches (Belle Epoque) are not scheduled to be available until June 29.

chum444
chum444
19 posts
Mar 17, 2018 - 5:13 PM

Thank you.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018