Golden Pass train booking for Aug 24, 2018

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2018 at 0:10:54 #817826

Hello,

We are planning to go from Wengen to Lausanne on Aug 24th. We plan to use the Golden pass rail from Interlaken to Montreux. I have two questions –

1) I am trying to book a seat in first class thru their website but it is not giving options on what is still available? Also timetable PDF documents are all not in English. What is the best way to call them and book the morning train?

2) On our way from Wengen to Lausanne, (we will have our luggage with us), would it be better to go and visit Gruyeres area or the Montreux, Vivey, Chateau the Chillon area?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2018 at 9:01:02 #894000

Hi Niharika and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. If you are having trouble booking on their website, try HappyRail here: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/packages
    2. You can take your luggage to the cheese factory I believe. Is that your destination? Or leave the bags at Montreux station to while you explore the town
  • The thread ‘Golden Pass train booking for Aug 24, 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.