Golden Pass Seat Reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2011 at 12:14:48 #804259

Hello,
    I am trying to make seat reservation for the golden pass line and i think I need a little help. I am making res. on June 8, going from Montruex to Interlaken Ost 1st class. I am looking at the train that leave Montruex at 13:45. The first leg of the trip I think I would liek to reserve seats 41 and 42, am I correct that these two face each other? I am traveling with one other person and we would like to sit together.

The part I am having problems with is the section of the journey from Zweissimmen to Interlaken. I cannot quite understand the train graphc and am unsure what two seats to book together. They seem to be in groups of 3, with one larger seat in the middle. Any help a moderator could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Steve

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    4 May 2011 at 13:27:50 #832699

Hi Steve. Their reservation site seems to be offline currently, so I can’t check at the moment. As for your second question: there are indeed 1st class coaches with groups of separate armchairs, a bit like in a hotel lounge. It sounds like your train is one of these. If you book either two seats in a group of three, you should be sitting together.
    As for your first question: to be 100% sure, you can best ask the Golden Pass railway directly. But just let me know if you need further help though!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2011 at 14:02:11 #832700

Thanks so much for the response, I think that answers my questions. Thanks again,
    Steve

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Seat Reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.