Golden Pass - taking sections on different days?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
drhani76
drhani76
9 posts
Jan 31, 2018 - 9:36 AM

Hello. From my reading I understand there is 3 sections in this Golden pass panoramic train. It stated in this website if run out of time , one can choose the section(stated section 3 is the best). So,I would like to know if I base in Interlaken is it posible to do the route to Lucern for 1 day and the next day to Montreux? Do I need to make the reservation? If it is compulsary, how to proceed if I have swiss pass? When search for the train from Interlaken OST to Lucerne I put via Meiringen as suggested and I found list of the train. How do I know whether it the the Golden pass line? Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
4022 posts
expert
Jan 31, 2018 - 9:54 AM in reply to drhani76

If, as I understand, you are coming from Zurich you can get to Interlaken on the Golden Pass Line by going via Lucerne and Meiringen. In the timetable the train is denoted the Luzern to Interlaken Express.

You can do the trip from Interlaken to Montreux on the Golden Pass route if you go via Zweisimmen.

At the time of year you are travelling reservations are not possible on the Zweisimmen to Montreux leg (which is the only leg that sometimes needs reservations) as there is some construction work on the line and a bus transfer for a short section prior to Montbovon.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018