Golden Pass trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2015 at 21:40:54 #807978

Can you use the Swiss Pass on the Golden Round. trip to Mt Pilatus from Lucerne. If so, what discount does it give you. Also, the same question for the trip up to Jungfraujoch – can you use the pass on a Good Morning Ticket. Interested in actual cost for the whole of each trip using the pass, not just the percentage discount.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 September 2015 at 10:26:41 #846246

Hi gillianh,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! To prevent confusion:

The Pilatus Golden Round Trip is explained here. Click to the “Tickets” section of that page to find discounts and a link to the regular prices. The boat and bus are free with a Swiss Travel Pass. The cogwheel train and cable car are discounted by 50%. This brings down the price to CHF 36 per adult. The normal price is CHF 106.

The price for a trip to the Jungfraujoch depends on the route. I assume a round trip via Grindelwald and Wengen from and to Interlaken. Discounts and links to the normal prices can be found on the Jungfraujoch page. The normal price is CHF 204.40. With a Swiss Travel Pass it’s CHF 132.75 per adult.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2015 at 20:24:41 #846247

Thanks Arno, I had realised my mistake re Golden Round and Golden Pass in the text of my message, but forgot to change it in the title.

Thankyou for the information re the cost. Can I just confirm that the Jungfrau discount (132.75) also applies to a Good MorningTicket – as that is already discounted, I wondered if the Pass may not be valid.

Gillian

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 September 2015 at 4:25:09 #846248

Hi Gillian,

There are no further discounts on Good Morning Tickets. These tickets are only interesting for travelers without a rail pass. The discount with a rail pass is better.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.