About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum GoldenPass Express seat cancellation
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

GoldenPass Express seat cancellation

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gillea
Gillea
3 posts
Jun 16, 2023 - 9:41 AM

Hello

I had booked the Golden pass express montreux to interlaken especially for the prestige class w/c 26th June. MOB has cancelled and partially refunded this (15 CHF/35 CHF) for the prestige class as the direct trains are still not running and a change at zweissimen is now required. Please could you advise how I can cancel the seat reservation and obtain refund of 20 CHF/person as I no longer want to make a special journey to get to montreux for the Golden pass route. MOB says its not their policy to refund seat reservations.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 16, 2023 - 10:04 AM in reply to Gillea

Are you sure you want to cancel? It is my understanding that the Montreux - Zweisimmen leg will still be operated by the new trains - or has MOB said this is not the case?

What else is it you are trying to cancel - a main line SBB reservation to Montreux from somewhere?

SBB refunds information here:

www.sbb.ch/en/help-and-contact/refunds-compensation/refunds-compensation.html

Last modified on Jun 16, 2023 - 10:06 AM by Removed user
Gillea
Gillea
3 posts
Jun 16, 2023 - 10:38 AM in reply to Removed user

Thank you for this. I wasn't aware the new trains are still running from montreux to Zweisimmen.

We've booked the earliest train from montreux to interlaken at 7:30 and travelling from Geneva to make this journey. This would be a 4 hr trip especially for prestige class when a train from Geneva to interlaken is just under 3hrs. We're already doing the Golden Pass route day before so doesn't seem worth while without the new trains.

I wanted to cancel the seat reservation as well. I paid 35chf/person for prestige class of which the 15chf supplement for prestige class has been refunded. 20chf is for the seat reservation which we don't really need as we have an interrail pass that allows us to hop on/off if we decide to travel this route.

Do you suggest I email MOB to confirm what train we'll be on montreux to Zweisimmen? They've not been a very responsive customer support.

PAPirate
PAPirate
66 posts
Jun 16, 2023 - 1:00 PM in reply to Gillea

The Golden Pass Express is indeed running the full route from Montreux to Interlaken as of June 11th for some trains. The updated Information Notice on the Golden Pass website can be found here:

rss.goldenpass.ch/en/386

Currently, only the 9:35 departure is the Express - running without a change of trains at Zweisimmen. The 7:35 and 9:08 trains currently still need to switch trains at Zweisimmen. Over time, they are gradually phasing in the special trains that permit the no-change route.

Honestly, I would not count on a full refund on the reservation fee. They are pretty clear in their terms in conditions found here:

www.gpx.swiss/en/pages/allgemeine-geschaeftsbedingungen

"Online reservations cannot generally be refunded. However, reimbursements are possible in the following cases:

Verified incapacity to travel (illness, accident or death).

In these cases, a refund claim must be completed and the relevant supporting documents for the refund must be attached."

Last modified on Jun 16, 2023 - 1:02 PM by PAPirate
Gillea
Gillea
3 posts
Jun 16, 2023 - 4:59 PM

Thank you this has been helpful! I appreciate it very much.

Arno
Arno
16091 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2023 - 3:07 PM in reply to Gillea

Hi Gillea,

Yes, direct GoldenPass Express trains without a change in Zweisimmen should be available on June 26: one in each direction per day to start off with. Updated info and links to the official announcements can be found at https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass.

If your departure time is not the direct GoldenPass Express train, if you still want to cancel, and if you booked your reservations at the MOB website: yes, they're the ones to get in touch with. But I think they'll stick to the partial reimbursement. Most Swiss seat reservations are non-refundable. And in this case, the GoldenPass Express would still available between Montreux and Zweisimmen, and the relatively short leg Zweisimmen-Interlaken would be the only section on which you wouldn't be able to ride the GoldenPass Express.

I hope this makes sense and that you can either enjoy the trip as planned, or get a clear response from the MOB. Good luck!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2023