Gotthard Panorama Express to Como

Gotthard Panorama Express to Como

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Travelbug53
Travelbug53
63 posts
Mar 26, 2017 - 2:28 PM

Thank you for your answers to my previous questions regarding my trip to Switzerland in July. We will be taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Luzern on July 10 to travel to Como. Can you help us decide whether to take the train from Bellinzona to Como or from Lugano to Como? Also, is it too early to make seat reservations on the Gotthard Panorama Express? We have a Swiss Travel Pass. Do you recommend sitting on the right or left side of the train from Luzern for the best views?

Thank of you for your input.

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Mar 26, 2017 - 5:22 PM in reply to Travelbug53

Hi Travelbug53,

I'm not sure I understand the train question from Bellinzona/Lugano to Como. If you take a train from Bellinzona you will go through Lugano anyway...I'm missing something :).

As for reservations on the Gotthard Panorama Express, it is too early. 60 days before is typical. Check out reservations options on your page here to make them in the future.

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 27, 2017 - 6:17 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Mar 26, 2017 - 9:27 PM in reply to Travelbug53

Hi Travelbug53,

From 3.7.2017 GPE goes through to Lugano. So makes sense to change there for Como.

Travelbug53
Travelbug53
63 posts
Mar 26, 2017 - 10:40 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you Lucas and Rockoyster. It sounds like the Gotthard Express route ends Lugano and we can connect to Como from there.

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Mar 27, 2017 - 7:59 AM in reply to Travelbug53

Hi Travelbug53,

Yes, sorry for any confusion, the GPE train travels to Lugano after July 3 (prior to that it only goes as far as Bellinzona). Either way you will need to travel by train through Lugano on your way to Como.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018