Gotthard Panorama Express to Como

• Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    26 March 2017 at 14:28:40 #811191

Thank you for your answers to my previous questions regarding my trip to Switzerland in July. We will be taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Luzern on July 10 to travel to Como. Can you help us decide whether to take the train from Bellinzona to Como or from Lugano to Como? Also, is it too early to make seat reservations on the Gotthard Panorama Express? We have a Swiss Travel Pass. Do you recommend sitting on the right or left side of the train from Luzern for the best views?

Thank of you for your input.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2017 at 17:22:52 #860523

Hi Travelbug53,

I’m not sure I understand the train question from Bellinzona/Lugano to Como. If you take a train from Bellinzona you will go through Lugano anyway…I’m missing something :).

As for reservations on the Gotthard Panorama Express, it is too early. 60 days before is typical. Check out reservations options on your page here to make them in the future.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 March 2017 at 21:27:30 #860524

Hi Travelbug53,

From 3.7.2017 GPE goes through to Lugano. So makes sense to change there for Como.

Travelbug53
    Participant
    64 posts
    26 March 2017 at 22:40:26 #860525

Thank you Lucas and Rockoyster. It sounds like the Gotthard Express route ends Lugano and we can connect to Como from there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 7:59:19 #860526

Hi Travelbug53,

Yes, sorry for any confusion, the GPE train travels to Lugano after July 3 (prior to that it only goes as far as Bellinzona). Either way you will need to travel by train through Lugano on your way to Como.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express to Como’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.