Gradual re-start of Swiss railway timetable

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    21 April 2020 at 6:09:08 #932203

Thanks for letting us know, 1960man! Let’s hope this gradual return to more normal circumstances will be a success!

For other readers: these and other steps to relax measures are also explained under #2 at http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    22 April 2020 at 6:57:01 #932204

Hello,

It is very important to realize that this message from the Swiss Feral Railways is aimed at people who live in Switzerland (Swiss nationals and residents) and also some who commute to Switzerland, but it should not be interpreted as being directed at foreign tourists. In fact, it even tells people living in Switzerland that “leisure and tourist journeys must still be avoided“. Leisure and tourist journeys are still somewhere off in the unknown future, especially for foreigners, and this will undoubtedly depend on which countries these potential tourists come from. I doubt if one size will fit all.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 April 2020 at 8:19:38 #932205

Yes, definitely. Tourism isn’t an option yet. We’ll try to post the latest news in the thread that Annika mentioned. Right now it’s time to look forward to future plans, but not to book yet.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    25 April 2020 at 0:48:18 #932206

Hello Arno,

I’ve just been reading through the thread that Annika mentioned three posts up. I assume that in the 6th bullet of part 8, you are referring to face masks. In my opinion, we should be very careful about making recommendations about how these should be used or not used, as there are different schools of thought on this topic, and from what I am reading, the idea that people should wear face masks at pretty well all times is gaining more and more acceptance. My personal fear is that as confinement regulations are relaxed (and this will happen at varying rates in different countries and even within countries), the risk of spread of the virus will increase. I suspect that as the supply of face masks improves, we will see more and more advice saying that people should wear them much more than they are now in most parts of the world.

I also looked at the 50 photos of Switzerland. They are very nice. I know you probably have better things to do, but it would be neat if these photos (and possible others added later) could be linked to an interactive map, so that when you click on any photo, there would be an arrow or a coloured dot that would locate where the photo was taken. Probably too much to ask, but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

Anna
    6384 posts
    25 April 2020 at 8:05:44 #932207

Hi Peterli,

Re: 50 Photos of Switzerland Thanks for your input. I agree, an interactive map would be a good idea or at least a link to the corresponding information on the website.

Regards,

Anna

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    25 April 2020 at 23:12:14 #932208

Just lost all that I had typed again ! Why didn’t I back-up to Notepad before pressing “Post this reply” ?

What I like about an interactive map is that on one screen, at the same time, without endlessly clicking links and being carried to some other screen, one would see any particular photo and the exact location where that photo was taken. It would have to be done by the moderators to ensure accuracy. I also know that it would take quite a bit of setting up. Links are helpful but can be overdone and become tedious.

So, the above is not what I had originally said, but I guess it will do. And since this time I am saving to Notepad, I’m sure I won’t lose anything.

Stay safe as we are not out of this Covid-19 crisis yet. I fear it will still be a good while.

Annika
    7125 posts
    26 April 2020 at 8:26:54 #932209

Hi all! Yes, an interactive map linking to all kinds of content is certainly on our wish list. Many other things are too though, so it will take a while :-).

• The thread ‘Gradual re-start of Swiss railway timetable’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.