Green areas of Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2011 at 2:04:19 #804457

My family is planning to be in the Swiss Alps in August. We though we would stay in Saas grund. We are not sure whether this is the correct decision since we want to be in an area where there is green scenary. We have the feeling that the scenary in the Saas area is browner, and we are wondering if this is true, and which resort areas will have more green.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    3 July 2011 at 12:53:52 #833397

The greenest part of Switzerland is the Bernese Oberland. An ideal location there is either Wengen (my personal favorite) or Mürren. Both are car free villages above the stunning Lauterbrunnend Valley. Lush rolling hills with stunning glacier-covered mountains in the background.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2011 at 17:12:09 #833398

I agree with KimSanJose, Bernese Oberland is the best place to go. Grindelwald, Murren, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen (with all the waterfalls) is just stunning and beautiful…. you wont find a greener place…. Enjoy!!

Tinkie

• The thread ‘Green areas of Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.