Grindelwald hotels, mid-range, near train station

• Franks4duke
    Participant
    12 posts
    28 December 2018 at 16:57:50 #819296

We are 3 adults looking for a moderately priced hotel in Gridelwald in a couple of weeks. I’ve read reviews about Hotel Derby and Hotel Bernerhof (want something near train station). Hotel Derby room seems much larger but about 400CHF more. Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Bernerhof and if so are the accommodations nice? I can get a triple room there (but no Mountain View)

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 December 2018 at 14:21:07 #901031

Hi Franks4duke,

Both hotels are only a minute from the train station and both get good and similar reviews. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. I don’t know about the rooms. Are there any hotel amenities you prefer? That might make a difference.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald hotels, mid-range, near train station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.