Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch to Grindelwald First

• Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    12 April 2017 at 16:21:38 #811386

I love MySwissAlps.com and it has helped me so much in planning our September trip. We are planning on taking the cableway from Grindelwald Grund to Mannlichen. Then, we will hike from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, as I understand from your advice that is the more beautiful direction to take the hike. Then we will take the cogwheel train up to Mr. Jungfraujoch. The descent we will take the train from Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald as we would also like to go to Grindelwald First in the afternoon. We will have the Swiss Travel Pass.

My questions are:

1) I believe the Mannlichen cableway will be 50% off for us, which is 15 sf. Is that correct?

2) What is the cost for us with the Swiss Travel Pass to go up to Mt. Jungfraujoch from Kleine Scheidegg?

3) Is there a cost to take the train from Kleine Scheidegg back to Grindelwald?

4) What is the cost to take the gondola to Grindelwald First and back to Grindelwald?

We would like to do the cliff walk and then walk to Bachsee. I am not sure we will have time to hike any further than that.

5) In September, what time does the last gondola leave Grindelwald First?

Thank you so much for your advice. We will be in Switzerland for 15 days and cannot wait!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 April 2017 at 13:02:42 #861431

Hi Pickergal, thanks for joining us! Glad MySwissAlps has been useful for you so far. Let’s take a look at your questions:

1) Yes, Männlichen is 50% off. Please download the validity map at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity and zoom in for detailed overviews. The main attractions that are covered/discounted are listed on that page too.

2) A link to full ticket prices can be found at the bottom of myswissalps.com/jungf raujoch/tickets. The Swiss Travel Pass offers a 25% reduction here.

3) Yes, this leg is discounted by 25% too.

4) Please find prices for First through the same link as mentioned under #2. I think you won’t have that much time for further hiking, since your day is rather full with the Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg hike plus a Jungfraujoch visit!

5) You’d best check traveling times in the timetable (enter “Grindelwald, Firstbahn” for the valley station and “First (Grindelwald)” for the top station). The gondolas run until about 17h30.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch to Grindelwald First’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.