Grindelwald versus Wengen, then on2 Venice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 20:49:09 #805215

Hi there

We are 1st time travellers from New Zealand and I am just wanting an idea 1stly of the time involved in travelling from Lake Como to probably Grindelwald, then either Wengen/Grindelwald to Venice. I have booked accommodation for 1 night in Grindelwald thinking we would then go on to Wengen for the night before heading to Venice. Several writers say they would sooner go to Wengen area as less touristy. It all looks beautiful to me so hard to choose. Help! We only have 2 days to see this lovely area and obviously another consideration is easiest access from/to Italy. Travelling early October. Many thanks for your advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 22:50:03 #835940

PS travelling by train!

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 May 2012 at 13:54:54 #835941

Hello Fairlie! Well, that’s a hard choice indeed. Both are towns are wonderful and will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the region. Wengen is very scenic and offers great views of the Jungfrau and the Lauterbrunnen valley. However, you will have to travel down to Lauterbrunnen each day to contintue your journey. Grindelwald is beautiful too, offering views of the Eiger and Wetterhorn. Traveling in/from the direction of Interlaken (and thus Italy) takes less time from Grindelwald. Please consult the timetable to check this out. I know this isn’t much of an answer, but being a fan of the entire Jungfrau region I can hardly choose either :-).

• The thread ‘Grindelwald versus Wengen, then on2 Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.