Traveling around Gstaad and day trip to Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 1:13:30 #815755

Will anybody kindly help me to built up my itinerary?

We r coming to Gstaad from Zermatt on 20 th May. We will leave Zermatt by 9am in morning.Plan to stay 2 nights in Gstaad. On the day of arrival we r planning to visit Gstaad , saanen, Rugemont — is it possible?( what will be the mode of transport)

Next day we plan to visit BERN ( via Firbroug) [please detailed me this route] then return via Speiz, Zweissmen to Gstaad.

Please also suggest a Hotel with good view ( budget 150euro/ night– 2 adults + 1 kid of 5 yrs).

Waiting for your valuable response.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 1:26:32 #884332

Gstaad is nothing special – personally I wouldn’t stay there. There are nice hotels in all the places along that valley – including Chateau d’Oex, Saanen and Saanenmoser. Travel is by the MOB railway (but there is a bus until June on the section being rebuilt around Montbovon)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 15:17:06 #884333

Hi arnabghosh,

You’ll want to check the timetable to see if the travel you want to do each day works for you. I don’t think it is an issue but everyone has their own ideas of what someone can/wants to do in a day. 🙂

You can enter Gstaad to Bern via Fribourg in the timetable to find trip details and schedules as well as your return trip: Bern to Spiez to Zweisimmen to Gstaad.

We have a list of recommended hotels for Gstaad noted here for you.

Supersub
    Participant
    3 posts
    6 May 2018 at 16:14:54 #884334

I agree – Gstaad apart from a very nice bakery shop doesn’t have much to offer in my opinion especially in the summer. Went there 2 years ago on a day trip by train when staying at Wiklderswil in June. Would much prefer to stay in the Simmental Valley somewhere on route to Spiez. Wonderful scenery and is great in the spring with the wild flowers coming in to full bloom that time of year.

• The thread ‘Traveling around Gstaad and day trip to Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.