Swiss Half Fare Card valid for a calendar month?

Swiss Half Fare Card valid for a calendar month?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Biggette
Biggette
5 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 2:51 AM

One more question please - may sound stupid. I am about to purchase the half fare card....... coverage for a month correct? Is that 30 days or does travel need to be within same month? Just want to be sure.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 4:49 AM in reply to Biggette

Hi Biggette,

It is a calendar month. Please see here, where it is explained under the heading Period of validity:

www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/howtou se

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
10767 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 6:37 AM

You can pick any start date. The last day will be a month later. So July 20 to August 19 for example.

See Alpenrose's link and click to Price to see purchase options.

Last modified on Jul 13, 2018 - 6:37 AM by Arno
Biggette
Biggette
5 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 11:24 AM

Thank you both. The rail system is becoming clearer to me thanks to all of you. There is a 1 Day Travel Pass that can be purchased w/ the half fare swiss card. I had read that the earlier it is purchased, the cheaper it is - as low as CHF 35. I only see prices CHF 74 . My trip isn't until end of August into Sept.

Arno
Arno
10767 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 11:45 AM in reply to Biggette

Hi Biggette,

The 1-day travelpass and Saver Day Pass are two different things. You'll find details here:

In short: the Saver Day Pass has more restrictions and no guaranteed availability, but is cheaper if you can purchase it for the lowest price. In your case you probably can't as the lowest price requires booking two months ahead of time. But you can check what's available.

Last modified on Jul 13, 2018 - 11:47 AM by Arno
Biggette
Biggette
5 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 1:19 PM

Again - thank you

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018