Swiss Half Fare Card in Zurich and to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 15:39:03 #808489

Hi

Just a quick question, I am visiting zurich for 3 days at beginning of March, is it worth getting the half fare card as I am planning to go jungfraujoch. Also will be using public transport around zurich. Can you tell me if the transport around zurich (trams, etc ) is covered by the pass.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 February 2016 at 16:11:04 #848725

Hi ad2903, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

With a Swiss Half Fare Card you will for sure save money, especially on the Jungfraujoch trip (which requires a lot of traveling time from Zurich by the way). You also get a discount on local tram/bus/boat tickets. Please see here for what’s included.

You can print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home by going to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and selecting “Online Ticket” once delivery options are displayed.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 16:30:49 #848726

I think I have it sorted for jungfraujoch. I’m planning to go to grindlewald then take train from there. So I can buy tickets for trains at the station and just show the half fare card when I purchase. Also is this the same with local transport in Zurich

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 February 2016 at 16:47:26 #848727

You can buy a discounted ticket from Zurich to Jungfraujoch in Zurich. There’s no need for a separate ticket from Grindelwald. Just tell them you want one way (e.g. up) via Grindelwald and the other way (e.g. down) via Lauterbrunnen. That allows you to see the whole Jungfrau region.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 17:19:38 #848728

That’s great. Thank you for clarifying this. Also with local transport in Zurich. Is it possible to get day passes and they would be valid on all public transport.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 February 2016 at 19:56:17 #848729

Yes, you can buy discounted day pass for Zurich. They’re valid for all modes of transport, even boats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 21:57:12 #848730

That’s great thank you for your help

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card in Zurich and to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.